By Ann Cook
The second one variation of the hugely acclaimed American accessory education, now on five audio CDs, is for foreign-born scholars and company humans operating, touring or learning within the usa and Canada. via broad intonation and pronunciation routines, scholars methods to communicate with a customary American accessory. even as, listening comprehension improves dramatically. Supplementary fabrics incorporated special nationality publications for 8 languages (Chinese, jap, Indian, Spanish, French, German, Russian and Korean), entry to a complete web site, and referral to a professional cellphone analyst for anyone diagnostic speech research. additionally integrated are coloured markers for written workouts, and a reflect to perform exact pronunciation.
Read or Download American Accent Training - A Guide to Speaking and Pronouncing American English PDF
Best english as a second language books
Crucial belongings you want to know that can assist you arrange for the B2-level First certificates examination The syllabus for the Cambridge English: First (FCE) examination has replaced, and this product is not any longer appropriate education fabric. New Cambridge English items can be found to fit the necessities of the recent syllabus.
Corpus linguistics is resulting in the improvement of theories approximately language which problem present orthodoxies in utilized linguistics. notwithstanding, there also are many questions which might be tested and debated: how great should still a corpus be? Is the information from a corpus trustworthy? What are its functions for language instructing?
- Say it Better in English: Useful Phrases for Work and Everyday Life
- Beyond True Stories: A High-Intermediate Reader
- Language Assessment - Principles and Classroom Practice
- Raising bilingual-biliterate children in monolingual cultures
Extra resources for American Accent Training - A Guide to Speaking and Pronouncing American English
No, lemon and sugar. And some more cookies? They kept going back and forth. We watched it again and again. He did it over and over. We learned by trial and error. [w'ts'n't] [äiyəl be bæk'nə m'n't] [this movie ... hooz'n't] [c 'min] [heez'nə nə mεrəkə] [heez'nə mεrəkən] [äi gäddə nay ih ninglish] [hee gäddə neffinæl jəbrə] [he hædə næksəd'nt] [we want'n nornj] [he didnt hævə neks kyooss] [äi(y)'l be there inə ninstnt] [itsə neezee m' stake t' make] [hæmə neggz] [bredn buddr] [käffee ... with creem'n sh'g'r] [nou ...
4. on the table in your dreams last Monday for a while Sentences 1. 2. 3. 4. All gets T-shirts. I went too fast. Get up! Get one! Mixed 1. Do it again. __ 8. in the middle __ 15. Make up your mind! 2. Joe was upset. __ 9. It's a good trick. __ 16. Tom has frostbite. 3. banana __ 10. specifically __ 17. Sam's a champ. 4. banana split __ 11. Bill needs it. __ 18. He's a winner. 5. categorize __ 12. jump around __ 19. He likes to win. 6. child support __ 13. on my own __ 20. All hates pork chops. 7.
The dogs shouldn't eat the bones. the dägz sh'dn•neet the bounz should have eaten should not have could eat 14. The dogs should've eaten the bones. the dägz sh'də veetn the bounz 15. The dogs shouldn't've eaten the bones. the dägz sh'dn•nə veetn the bounz 16. The dogs could eat the bones. the dägz c'deet the bounz could not eat 17. The dogs couldn't eat the bones. the dägz c'dn•neet the bounz could have 18. The dogs could've eaten the bones. eaten could not have 19. The dogs couldn't've eaten the bones.
American Accent Training - A Guide to Speaking and Pronouncing American English by Ann Cook